16/12/2020 – UK National Minimum Wage rates for 2021.
(Click here to watch this article on a video.) From 1st April 2021 NMW rates will increase again, and the over 25 rate (the National Living Wage) will be extended to cover those aged 23 and over, representing a significant increase for existing 23 and 24 year olds. The new full NLW rate will be £8.91, up from £8.72 for this year.
On 1st April 2021 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates will be as follows:
- For those aged 23 & over – NLW rises to £8.91 per hour (Note this used to apply to only those aged 25 and over)
- For 21 and 22 year olds the rate will be £8.36 per hour
- For those aged 18 – 20 it will be £6.56 per hour
- For those under 18 it will be £4.62 per hour
- The apprentice rate will rise to £4.30 per hour.