16/12/2020 – UK National Minimum Wage rates for 2021.
From 1st April 2021 NMW rates will increase again, and the over 25 rate (the National Living Wage) will be extended to cover those aged 23 and over, representing a significant increase for existing 23 and 24 year olds. The new full NLW rate will be £8.91, up from £8.72 for this year.
On 1st April 2021 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates will be as follows:
- For those aged 23 & over – NLW rises to £8.91 per hour (Note this used to apply to only those aged 25 and over)
- For 21 and 22 year olds the rate will be £8.36 per hour
- For those aged 18 – 20 it will be £6.56 per hour
- For those under 18 it will be £4.62 per hour
- The apprentice rate will rise to £4.30 per hour.