From 1st April 2020 NMW rates will increase again with the 25+ rate moving from £8.21 to £8.72, a rise of 6.2%. Other increases range from 4.6 to 6.5%.
On 1st April 2020 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates are as follows:
- For those aged 25 & over – NLW rises from £8.21 to £8.72 ph
- For those aged 21 but under 25 NMW rises from £7.70 to £8.20 ph
- For those aged 18 – 20 NMW rises from £6.15 to £6.45 ph
- For those aged under 18 NMW rises from £4.20 to £4.35 ph
- The apprentice rate will rise from £3.90 to £4.15 ph
Statutory Sick, Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Pay will all increase in the same month. We will confirm 2020 rates in due course.