We’re all used to minimum wage changes in October, but it’s all change from this year with the annual revisions coming in ahead of Easter, and now including a 30p rise in the National Living Wage.
On 1st April 2017 the national living wage (NLW) and national minimum wage rates (NMW) will increase. The new rates are as follows:
- For those aged 25 & over – NLW rises by 30p from £7.20 ph to £7.50 ph
- For those aged 21 but under 25 NMW will rise from £6.95 ph to £7.05 ph
- For those aged 18 – 20 NMW rate will rise from £5.55 ph to £5.60 ph
- For those aged 16 – 17 NMW rate rises form £4 ph to £4.05 ph
- The apprentice rate will rise from £3.40 ph to £3.50 ph
Increases in Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay Statutory Adoption Pay and Shared Parental Pay have also been proposed but have yet to receive Parliamentary approval. Assuming approval is given a date for implementation will be issued which is likely to be some time in April.
If you’re thinking of outsourcing your HR why not contact myhrdept.co.uk. With full service Premium Plus packages from only £120 per month (and start-up packages from just £70 per month) and fixed price HR support options available for one-off issues, we believe we offer the best combination of quality and price available in the UK. Call us on 01628 820515 to discuss your requirements or contact us and we’ll call you back.